PS4 Help

Well, I’ve been giving this a ton of thought, Should I buy the PS4? I have many questions that I can’t find answers to.
Can I play Minecraft on the PS4 like I can on the Xbox?

Can I basically just go trade in Xbox games and expect to buy Gta V for the PS4 or are only NEW games allowed on PS4.

Can I still have the dashboard home like Xbox and have everything stored nice and tidy?

Do I need to pay any other fee per month/year like Xbox? Or do I just have to pay upfront cost of the console and games.

Is the PS4 Camera required and if I don’t buy it will my gaming experience be as terrible as the original Xbox?

Are the graphics extremely better with PS4 or do I need to to go a $500 human eye special device to see the difference? xD    (Are the graphics extremely better or you can barely see them)

Do I need to buy expensive battery pack chargers and wasting batteries for controllers?  Talk with PS4 states you can just stick a cord in your controller and another end in your PS4 and it’ll charge, Can you guys confirm this?

Does the PS4 have good fans? With my Xbox 360, It would always freeze because it would overheat because it had some cheap $5 dollar fan. Rumors say PS4, A whole section of it is basically a full fan.

Is PS4 the type of console that requires designated stuff.  (Special PS4 HDMI cable $50 buy now!)

Does PS4 Introduce the apps feel, Like in Xbox you can download apps like Netflix, Hulu, and Internet Explore.

Does the PS4 have special touch on it’s console, I know that they have a little touch pad on the controller, but do they have that special touch like the Xbox 360 Slim?

With the PS4, What kind of disc tray does it have? Is it like the Xbox where it pops out and you stick it in and the disc tray goes back in the console, Or does the PS4 have an upgraded one like the Wii and you just simply put it in the little rubber coating and it takes it in itself.

With the PS4, Are there like 4 different cords that get all messed up like Xbox or is it just simply the power cord and the HDMI cable?

Thanks for reading, Please answer all questions, Probably Konig or Kenny will quote all my questions and answer them all like those long ban appeals, thanks again!

0 Likes

Q. 1: No minecraft on ps4
Q. 2: Ps4 doesn’t have backwards compatibility, meaning you have to get the games made for the ps4
Q. 3: You can look up the ps4 dashboard in youtube and kind of get a feel for it
Q. 4: To play games online you need ps+ which is $50 a year
Q. 5: Ps4 Camera is not required, if you want it you have to buy it seperately
Q. 6: Graphics are improved in the sense that it can render more things easily, meaning most games will be 1080p by default
Q. 7: Controller charges via usb cord hooked up to the ps3, they last quite awhile for the ps3 so yeah
Q. 8: As far as I know the fan was pretty quiet and not very intrusive
Q. 9:It comes with a hdmi cable from what i’ve seen
Q. 10: I’m not sure, but I have netflix and youtube on my ps3 I assume they’ll have apps like these as well
Q. 11: I’m not sure what you mean here? Just look up “The Touch” on youtube and see if that helps
Q. 12: my ps3 cords are the Power and my HDMI I believe this is all the ps4 uses
I think I’ve answered all your questions, if you have anymore I’d be glad to help

0 Likes

Couple things daemones missed,

The console will be similar to the PS3 and use a slot Blu-ray drive. Rockstar will release a GTA V version in April for the PS4, but with the PS4, you cannot play with people on the PS3.

0 Likes

I actually have a PS4 (day-one adopter, yeah buddy), so here are the answers to your questions :smiley:

[font=verdana]Can I play Minecraft on the PS4 like I can on the Xbox?[/font][font=verdana] Not currently, however Mojang has said they will be releasing a version for both the PS4 and Vita.
[/font]
[hr]
Can I basically just go trade in Xbox games and expect to buy Gta V for the PS4 or are only NEW games allowed on PS4. Not sure how to interpret that question, so I’ll answer all angles.
[list]
[*][font=verdana]The PS4 cannot play PS3 games[/font]
[*][font=verdana]You can’t trade Xbox versions of games for PS3 versions. Trust me, I’ve tried.[/font]
[*][font=verdana]The only games that are available on both the PS3 and PS4 are Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts[/font]
[/list]
[hr]
Can I still have the dashboard home like Xbox and have everything stored nice and tidy?It has icons for the games you have, and if you press up than you’ll get something more akin to the cross-media bar (XMB) from the PS3.
[hr]
Do I need to pay any other fee per month/year like Xbox? Or do I just have to pay upfront cost of the console and games.
Free-to-play games such as Planetside 2 don’t require you to have PSN+ to play online. If you want to play any major triple-a game online, you’ll need PSN+, which is $50 a year (and you get like 3 free games per month. Major titles, too).
[hr]
Is the PS4 Camera required and if I don’t buy it will my gaming experience be as terrible as the original Xbox? The PS4 camera is not required, nor included. Thankfully. It’s not all that great.
[hr]
Are the graphics extremely better with PS4 or do I need to to go a $500 human eye special device to see the difference? xD    (Are the graphics extremely better or you can barely see them)
There is a significantly noticeable difference in performance with the PS4 versus the PS3/Xbox 360. The PS4 has better graphics and runs much smoother.
[hr]
Do I need to buy expensive battery pack chargers and wasting batteries for controllers?  Talk with PS4 states you can just stick a cord in your controller and another end in your PS4 and it’ll charge, Can you guys confirm this?
With both the PS3 and PS4, the controllers do not have changeable battery packs. To charge the controller, just plug it into the console.
[hr]
Does the PS4 have good fans? With my Xbox 360, It would always freeze because it would overheat because it had some cheap $5 dollar fan. Rumors say PS4, A whole section of it is basically a full fan.
The rumors are correct. The fan is also very quiet as it is efficient.
[hr]
Is PS4 the type of console that requires designated stuff.  (Special PS4 HDMI cable $50 buy now!)
The PS4 comes with an HDMI cable, shockingly. Other than that, it comes with a Micro USB-to-Full USB cable for charging the included controller, and the power cord (the PS4 does not have a power brick, the transformer is built into the console).
[hr]
Does PS4 Introduce the apps feel, Like in Xbox you can download apps like Netflix, Hulu, and Internet Explore. The PS4 comes with a built-in web brower that isn’t too shabby. It has Netflix and Hulu, as well as a few other things that aren’t half as good.
[hr]
Does the PS4 have special touch on it’s console, I know that they have a little touch pad on the controller, but do they have that special touch like the Xbox 360 Slim?
If you’re talking about capacitive buttons, yes, it has two (power and eject) on the front facade. The touchpad on the controller works well, plus you can click it like it’s a big button.
[hr]
With the PS4, What kind of disc tray does it have? Is it like the Xbox where it pops out and you stick it in and the disc tray goes back in the console, Or does the PS4 have an upgraded one like the Wii and you just simply put it in the little rubber coating and it takes it in itself.
The PS4 has a slot-load Blu-Ray drive. It’s like the ones you find on the Wii and WiiU, as well as Macbooks.
[hr]
With the PS4, Are there like 4 different cords that get all messed up like Xbox or is it just simply the power cord and the HDMI cable? Simply the power cord and HDMI cable.
[hr]
Thanks for reading, Please answer all questions, Probably Konig or Kenny will quote all my questions and answer them all like those long ban appeals, thanks again!
You’re absolutely right!

0 Likes

Oh and some honest advice, I know most people are excited for the new consoles, but they won’t be getting a bunch of big games until spring next year, if you can hold off until then the price could drop and you’ll have a bit of a bigger library

0 Likes

Forza 5, that’s all I need lol

0 Likes

Somebody deleted my post… Not happy.

Anyways what I had listed originally was that there are several games coming out for the PS4, and there will be plenty more before Spring. Just a few:

[list]
[*]Driveclub
[*]The Crew
[*]Tom Clancy’s: The Division
[*]Destiny
[*]Some new God of War game
[*]Uncharted 4
[*]Possibly a version of GTA5
[/list]

0 Likes

Alright hold on. Dirt, you already have 2 X-boxes and now you’re wasting money on a PS4?! Sounds like a dumb idea to me, but its not my money.

0 Likes

[color=#008000]>wasting money on a PS4[/color]
[color=#008000]>wasting[/color]
[color=#008000]>on PS4[/color]

Not possible.

0 Likes