Minecraft v1.8.0 - Soon

So 1.8 is coming soon, maybe by the end of the month! All these snapshots are looking mighty fine, and so I was wondering:

What secret stuff have you guys found? What do you wish to see in the next update??? 

Reply with your thoughts! :smiley:

0 Likes

Well because we have to wait for bucket to update, I doubt we’ll be updating the server for a while. I know this will make some people angry, but there’s nothing we can do about it. The bucket devs have lives they attend to and work on it when they have time to, so please be patient while they work on it. It will take some time for them to get everything to the point where we will update the server.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I need a beer…

0 Likes

Lol

0 Likes

ulRbxsO.png

0 Likes

Guys, guys, calm ur giblets! The topic is about what you want or like in 1.8, not about how much you want to cry because the server isn’t gonna update instantly… Lol

0 Likes

You can’t silence the truth!

But anyways, I personally am not hoping for anything in particular. Maybe a fix for the Advanced OpenGL bug where chunks just randomly stop loading properly. Other than that, I got nothin’.

0 Likes

I can appreciate the new stone types, but I mainly appreciate the new Mob AI, what I don’t appreciate is a trampoline that you need to time perfectly to get a good bounce out of -.-

0 Likes

It would be nice if I could render farther than 16 chunks online like you can in single player.

0 Likes

I never thought of that… That’d be perfect!

0 Likes

OptiFine can do that

getonmylevelbro :smiley:

0 Likes

IN REPLY TO KENNY, STILL WAITING

aw864w.jpg

0 Likes

Like I would play Minecraft without optifine, lol. You can set it further, but the game limits multiplayer distance vs single player. Optifine even says anything past 16 will not affect anything online, only single player.

But since yesterday I can only get 40fps max due to running SEUS mod. (Sonic’s unbelievable shades mod) So I can’t really go past 16 chunks anyway ATM.

0 Likes

People play without OptiFine?

0 Likes

Lol. I love Optifine. It really smooths things. What I really want is for Jeb to re-code Minecraft in the same coding used on PS3 and Xbox so that the game wouldn’t need optifine on so many machines. From what I’ve of the two versions, they are much smoother and less buggy, and maybe even easier to work on. So yeah, better coding would be cool!

0 Likes

I can’t run optifine or my computer would kill itself :smiley: :l

0 Likes

That’s because it’s not programmed in Java on those two systems…

0 Likes

“What I really want is for Jeb to re-code Minecraft in the same coding used on PS3 and Xbox…” 

I believe this statement already covered that, devore… 

0 Likes

The thing is, PCs have to run things designed for a PowerPC architecture (aka PS3 and 360) in an emulator, which is almost always far slower than just using code that runs natively on a PC (i.e. Java)

0 Likes