MCMMO Guide

Today I’m going to show you my experience of mcmmo, and what I can do to help you guys know a little more about the plugin, what it can do, how you can use it and most importantly, how can I level in the most efficient way

McMMO is an open source plugin for the Minecraft multiplayer server mod Bukkit that is currently under development by Nossr50. This plugin allows for an RPG-like experience to exist in the world of Minecraft complete with experience points, special powers, parties, PvP and more!

McMMO’s main function is to incorporate an RPG-like skill system that players will have access to right from the beginning. Depending on how much a certain tool is used or a certain action is performed, players will gain experience that will eventually add bonuses such as double drops, rare drops, or ability enhancement

Gathering Skills:

Excavation

Enchant a good shovel, preferably an efficiency 4 unbreaking 3 or higher for best use, Find a spot of land and please avoid digging close to towns, now it doesn’t matter what your digging, if it’s grass, dirt, sand or gravel, its still worth the same amount of xp, now you have got to work with what you have, your best source is of course grass/dirt or even sand, main reason I don’t work with sand personally is, its glitchy when it comes to using enchanted shovel or giga drill breaker, so I would stick to a normal landscaped area

Herbalism

Make a big sugar cane farm which goes in a 25 x 25 perimeter personally or a much larger one, you choice, so you can just keep breaking the sugar cane, If you break the middle sugar cane it gains you the same amount of XP.

Mining

Now I’m just going note the top 3 main ore your which are going to fill your xp needs

Diamond=750
Lapis=400
Gold Ore=350

When I mine, my main concentration is on these blocks, but I’m not telling you to neglect the others, always collect any ore materials they will pay out in the end, but just pay more attention to these 3, now as some of you may know the end is off limits, and although end stone was a great way of getting your xp up there is multiple alternatives, netherrack is another great source right there, although now its only worth 30xp, its fast and easy to mine, and iv used netherrack when I was in the near 700’s to get my levels up

Branch Mining is an efficient way of making most of your given area, make a tunnel down to layer 12 and make  2-4 main branches, leave a space of 2 in between each branch and make minor branches roughly 30 out and just repeat the process, I guarantee your diamond chances will much increase, note also the reason I want you guys to stick to In between 12-13 is because , lava becomes more frequent beneath and your most likely going find diamond all right but its a great chance that its under lava and not so easy to retrieve

Woodcutting

Perhaps if you don’t have alot of room to work with, You could produce a small farm with oak trees, just place  saplings 1 block beside each other and apply bonemeal, you can extend this as long as you like, once you use tree feller on the first block it will continue to break all remaining blocks in an instant, this will increase your woodcutting greatly, now you cant exactly apply the same technique to jungle trees, as you cannot plant them  in a linear line but, they will give you 100xp which is great and all, but not very efficient either, the next type and the one i think will be a stable choice is pine wood it equals to 90xp and can also be placed in a linear line, lets see where talking 10xp more which isn’t really a big difference to jungle wood

Combat Skills:

Archery

One good way to get your archery up is to get good enchants on a bow then go out killing enemies to get your stats up.Another way is to use a rune like the multi-shoot rune where you shoot more arrows per arrow used, i would not advise using a teir over 3 for the rune because the arrows get weaker and weaker as more are added.Also you should use a strength potion whilst doing this as this will increase the amount of xp you get per kill

Axes And Unarmed

Also you should use a strength potion whilst doing this as this will increase the amount of xp you get per kill,If you are using an axe then use a diamond one as it does more damage than any others,If you get to 500 levels (Axes + Unarmed) you will get a large attack boost which will make it easier to kill your enemies and get more Xp, In unarmed you get a small boost at level 250, Also in axes you get critical strikes which double your damage on mobs and x1.5 on players.

Swords

If you get enchantments like sharpness on to your sword it will increase the damage you will do to your opponent therefore increasing the amount of Xp you get for your swording skill to make it easier to level up, If you try to get critical hits (Jumping whilst hitting) on to your opponents it will increase damage you do to them so therfore you increase your Xp easier in a shorter amount of time!
As for if your facing mobs, Enderman contain the most experience bedsides of course the ender dragon, with a *4 multiplier

Taming

Get some diamond armour on and then take about 3 - 4 dogs out at night and go kill some enemies. I also advise makeing a wolf farm so you can have an infinte amout of wolves. Another good way is to always have a wolf with you then if you get hit it will attack and get your taming up

Misc Skills:

Acrobatics

Is to build a tower 23 blocks tall and set your town spawn or /home there so you can either just tp up there or spawn up there. If you jump down it will leave you with 1/2 heart left so just have a cactus or lava to your side to kill you so you can get back to the top quickly

Repair

Now as most of you know repair is my all time favourite stat, you may think its as easy as repairing a few tools and levelling up, but to get to where i am now, it took alot of diamond/gold/iron, you should always make sure you have a good income when it comes to repair, you use what you got basically, if I had alot of iron I would use iron to repair, but considering I’m at a stage where diamond isnt a problem, I’m de fore using that instead,
Iron=20, Gold=40 and Diamond=60 xp, using acrobatics with repair or fishing with it also will contribute

If you want more information or a second opinion please refer to http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki

[color=blue]Updated guide including information coming soon![/color]

0 Likes

Just to extend on the diamond finding bit the highest I’ve ever seen diamonds is layer 22 level with my character’s head.

0 Likes