[2019] How to get a more traditional forum view

Hi everyone! I’m SharktoothActual, though most of you know me as “ikilledkenny.” X4n4th recently got the forums back online and upgraded to a new system, one that I’ve spent the past few hours playing around with. Personally, I’m not a fan of the default settings, so here’s how I went and set a more traditional forum view for myself!

This panel is accessed by clicking on your user icon in the upper right-hand corner, then clicking the little cog in the window that appears. After that you’ll be viewing your account settings. On the left hand side, click “interface” to get to the menu in the above picture. As noted, the categories option takes you to a more traditional forum view (seen below) when you click the double 3’s in the upper left. The second option noted just keeps stickied posts at the top of the page when you’re done reading them. I highly recommend you make your setting match mine so you can find important posts later.

This is our traditional forum view. Overall, it should feel very familiar to you. You may notice that there are less categories on the new forum. That’s because a lot of the old categories were redundant and could be a little confusing, so we merged the categories to make posting a lot more straightforward. Don’t worry, your old posts aren’t gone. They’ve simply been moved to the new categories.

1 Like

closed #2
0 Likes

pinned #3
0 Likes