Because you never post ya dingus

0 Likes

You know who else is a dingus…

0 Likes

Mah Mom?

0 Likes

gtfo bossman i h8 u

0 Likes

The server won’t update to 1.8 until there is a somewhat stable build of anything that will support plugins in 1.8. Any “bukkit” 1.8 server is spoofing it and using spigot to allow 1.8 clients to connect to 1.7.9 servers. 

0 Likes

That’s hot

0 Likes

Exactly what Devore said. To add to that, we don’t have an ETA when we’ll have bukkit plugin support on 1.8. Just gotta wait and see.

0 Likes

How do I play it on 1.7.9 when I’ve already updated to 1.8?

0 Likes

Carefully

0 Likes

If you’re using the regular Minecraft launcher, in the bottom left click “Edit Profile”, then towards the lower middle of the window that pops up it should say “Use version:” then a little drop-down bar, open the drop-down bar and click the version you want to use (such as “release 1.7.9”), then just hit save profile, and hit play.

0 Likes

That’s the thing though, bukkit’s done. They’re gone. We’ll see what the rest of the plugin APIs do, there is a community that’s starting up that has a lot of ex-bukkit guys in it, but it’ll be a long while before we see any true, working APIs for 1.8. We might spoof our server to allow 1.8 clients to join since people have a hard time downgrading, but we won’t truly be a 1.8 server for some time.

0 Likes

Yeah. I know the bukkit team had more important things in their lives, but they knew how big their API was and how many servers depended upon it. Instead of just shutting it down completely, they should have found more developers who would be willing to carry on the project.

0 Likes

The thing is that it wasn’t that they moved on, it was a lawsuit that they were hit with that forced them to shut it all down, that’s why all of the versions were pulled as well from their site.

0 Likes

Stop getting this thread back on track

0 Likes

What was their lawsuit about? Who the hell sues a modding team? Honestly!

0 Likes

EULA

0 Likes

All the modding team needs to do is state that when Apple tried to sue thousands of iPhone users for jailbreaking their phones, they lost. Bukkit bought the game, therefore they are entitled to do what they want with it. They’re not redistributing any components of minecraft, either. This lawsuit is a load of shit.

0 Likes

I’ll load your lawsuit with shit if ya know what i’m sayin

0 Likes